Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

OnGuard limit VM clients a

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  OnGuard limit VM clients a

Posted Sep 26, 2014 11:03 AM

A prospect customer wants to limit their laptop users which using local VMs use as well split tunneling when the users are connected via VPN to the company.

The short qustion is:

Can this be done by OnGuard?

Is there documentation which explain te possibilitys with VM on OnGuard cleints?

Thanks a lot in advance!

• 2.  RE: OnGuard limit VM clients a

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 26, 2014 11:14 AM

OnGuard can inform the user to stop/shutdown the VM or it can actually shut it down on its own without user interaction. (This is with the persistent agent)

• 3.  RE: OnGuard limit VM clients a

Posted Sep 29, 2014 03:30 AM

Thanks for the prompt answer!
    What the customer like to achieve is the following:
    Users must run VMs for their work.The customer like to be able to recognize whether the VM is launched with a VM and if the trusted VM is running the virusscanner. So, can OnGuard recognize this situation and detect when the user switched from one trusted VM to another non-trusted VM.
    From your answer I suggest this should be able, but I like to know if it will cover the situation above. Can you confirm or point me out to the information where I find what possibilities we can have within VM environments.

Thanks a lot in advance again!

• 4.  RE: OnGuard limit VM clients a
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 29, 2014 07:18 AM
    It cannot detect a specific VM, only that VMs are running or not running.

• 5.  RE: OnGuard limit VM clients a

Posted Sep 29, 2014 12:10 PM

Thanks Tim,

This make it more clear to me.