Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onboard only certain users

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Onboard only certain users

Posted May 08, 2018 08:45 PM

I have done a lot of searching and cant quite find my answer. 

I am setting up dual-ssid onboarding. Users connect to Guest Captive Portal and can click a link to start the onboarding process. I would like a way to redirect users who are not allowed to Onboard to another webpage. 

Of the three services created for OnBoard, the only one that I can configure to send a user role for redirection is the OnBoard Provisioning RADIUS service. By the time they get to this, it is too late. They already went through the onboarding process.

I can add roles to the pre-auth application service to prevent someone from onboarding but that also does not redirect. It just gives them auth failure during the onboard process. 

How can I accomplish this?

This post says it can be done but doesnt say how he was able to apply the redirect to the correct service. 

• 2.  RE: Onboard only certain users
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 08, 2018 08:48 PM
    Unfortunately this is not possible. You can only reject them during pre-auth.

• 3.  RE: Onboard only certain users

Posted May 08, 2018 09:02 PM

Ok, good to know. I will quit digging! Thanks!