Security

Occasional Contributor I

Onboarding Android devices - Getting App does not have perrmission to change WiFi-Setting

Onboarding Android devices - Getting App does not have perrmission to change WiFi-Setting

I'm running into an issue with onboarding Android devices. They go through the onboarding process, but when QuickConnect tries to configure their devices they get the error below:

QuickConnect

This application does not have permission to change your existing WiFi-settings.

1. Tap the Wi-Fi Settings button

2. Long press "GOGO" network and tap forget network.

3 Tap the back button to return here

Any ideas? I tried the steps above, but no luck.

Guru Elite

Re: Onboarding Android devices - Getting App does not have perrmission to change WiFi-Setting

Hm, those steps have always worked on every device I’ve tested.

Best to open a TAC case.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Regular Contributor I

Re: Onboarding Android devices - Getting App does not have perrmission to change WiFi-Setting

any update on this case?

i have same issue after upgrading to 6.6.7.

Ricky E. Lee
CWNA | ACMP | ACCP
MVP

Hi guys

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue at a Customer site running 6.6.5 - so I think this is more of an APP security issue than Clearpass. These had not previously installed QuickConnect and it's on fully updated Samsung Galaxy S7/S8 phones.

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCX #902 :: ACSA
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Intelecom/NetNordic - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Contributor II

I cannot get QC to onboard my device at all. It gets the OP error then when you "forget" the network and go back...the prompt is still there.

From looking at the google reviews, this app is just junk and needs a serious overhaul.
Windows onboarding works ok, I guess. The application has yet to connect to the ssid after provisioning is complete. I have to manually disconnect and reconnect. I am using the single ssid method.

This rules out using onboarding completely. Very disappointing.
Guru Elite

Single SSID onboarding is not recommended.

Contributor II

Is that the answer? Setup dual SSID provisioning and QC will work?

Guru Elite

Yes, the experience is much better. And also much more secure which is the larger point.

Contributor II

After setting up the dual SSIDs, the experience is much better. I guess the only way to use QC is with dual SSIDs. In all of my Aruba training up to this point, dual SSIDs are never mentioned to be preferred.

Another thing I noted is that when QC first starts during onboarding it is able to get to the web, bypassing the CP and displaying a page saying I don't have CP setup properly, and thus failing to finish provisioning. Still trying to track that down, as the roles I'm using are generated by the AOS 8.2.1 WLAN wizard. The rules look pretty standard to me. 

What ends up happening is the policy is 'downloaded'. So in my notification bar I open it the policy file. . which launches QC again.

Guru Elite

Single SSID onboard is very insecure and not recommended.

It happens to also improve the Onboard experience for some platforms.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: