Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onboarding Ipad - error in profile installation

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Onboarding Ipad - error in profile installation

Posted Jan 19, 2018 03:59 PM
      |   view attached

Hi everyone

I have a issue with the onboarding for Apple devices. When I connect to the SSID BYOD in the phase of provisioning after de the install profile, I have a error the installation. 

I have a radius certificate self-signed and HTTPS certificate with public SSL standard, and for the both controllers use wildcard cert (standard SSL). 

When is disabled HTTPS on both (clearpass & controllers) the provisioning in the Ipad is sucessfull, but not when the HTTPS is enabled.

What do you thinking about problem?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Onboarding Ipad - error in profile installation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2018 04:31 AM

From the screenshot, it looks like there is an issue with the HTTPS server certificate on ClearPass [if I translate correctly ;-)]. There should be a valid certificate on there as well.

The Onboard process tries to access https://sdlv-clr01-dp.fdl.com.ni, however, the HTTPS certificate is not trusted for that hostname by the iPad.

What certificate did you install on ClearPass as the HTTPS certificate? If you have a cluster, make sure that you installed the certificate on all of your ClearPass nodes. The certificate should be a public trusted certificate and valid for at least sdlv-clr01-dp.fdl.com.ni or if you have a wildcard for *.fdl.com.ni.

• 3.  RE: Onboarding Ipad - error in profile installation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2018 02:57 AM

Check this post for a similar error. In that case the issue was that the HTTPS server certificate was not uploaded to all subscribers.