Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Onboarding issue with Android Device

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Onboarding issue with Android Device

Posted Feb 10, 2015 11:16 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Guys,

i'm having issue with onboarding Android device. Windows and iOS are having no issue, they onboard just fine.

the android devices started just fine, it can download quickconnect from google play. the problem starts when running the quickconnect, where it supposed to install new network profile, it just come with an error "There was an error in configuring your deviced" as attached. there is no error message in the CPPM.

i couldnt fine any decent source discussing about this. really need help.

Ricky

• 2.  RE: Onboarding issue with Android Device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2015 12:45 PM

Try opening up a case...perhaps there was something missed in the OnBoard config or provisioning settings...

• 3.  RE: Onboarding issue with Android Device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2015 02:13 PM

Did you try disabling the cell?

• 4.  RE: Onboarding issue with Android Device

Posted Feb 10, 2015 04:58 PM

what do you mean by disabling the cell?

Ricky

• 5.  RE: Onboarding issue with Android Device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 10, 2015 05:04 PM
    Looking at your screen shot both wifi and cellular service is turned on. Some divces will role over to cellular and you might be running into that issue. A quick test is to turn on airplane mode and just enable wifi to make sure that is not the issue. If that doesn't fix it then you will need to open a TAC case and have them look at the logs.

• 6.  RE: Onboarding issue with Android Device

Posted Feb 11, 2015 04:19 AM

Hi Troy,

i tried to disable the mobile data and only activate the wifi. problem still occurs.

i'm using ArubaOS 5.0.4.11. any chance this could be the problem?

Ricky.

• 7.  RE: Onboarding issue with Android Device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2015 04:24 AM
    I don't beleive that would cause the fail issue. Are you using a self sign cert. I've seen that issue before with certs. If you are using a sec signed then do a csr from the CPPM side and have onboarding sign the cert. then reimport back into the CPPM side

• 8.  RE: Onboarding issue with Android Device

Posted Feb 11, 2015 04:35 AM

i didnt do self sign, i did CSR and then manually import the certificates to CPPM.

Ricky

• 9.  RE: Onboarding issue with Android Device

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2015 04:38 AM
    If you have a different android device I would try that but I would still open a TAC case so they can take a look at the quick connect logs and see what the issue is.

• 10.  RE: Onboarding issue with Android Device

Posted Feb 11, 2015 04:50 AM

i just opened a TAC case but havent got it replied yet. hoping you guys can help me here while waiting. :D

i cannot find anything in the the access tracket. how can i get the quick log? is there one?

Ricky

• 11.  RE: Onboarding issue with Android Device
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 13, 2015 07:10 AM

TAC wasnt able to help me.. we were on remote session for 2 days straight and no clue at all.

i found the fix though,, i'm using controller 2400 running aos 5.0.

i use captive portal policy to pop up a browser to start the onboard.

i use my cppm alias name as the the address and this seems to be the problem.

after i changed the address to an ip, everything works perfectly fine.

Ricky.