Security

Occasional Contributor I

Onguard and real time scanning

Hi, we are working with a NAC project there one of the absolute demands is real time scanning of specific services on the end devices. I know that Clearpass have this functionality, but I still have a few questions:

1: The services is scanned in real time in Clearpass, but how often is real time? Every second, every 1/10 second....?

2: What happens if the Clearpass client stops on the end device? Will the client be kicket out?

Anyone that can help me with this?

Regards

Tom C.

Guru Elite

Re: Onguard and real time scanning

tomchr wrote:

Hi, we are working with a NAC project there one of the absolute demands is real time scanning of specific services on the end devices. I know that Clearpass have this functionality, but I still have a few questions:

1: The services is scanned in real time in Clearpass, but how often is real time? Every second, every 1/10 second....?

2: What happens if the Clearpass client stops on the end device? Will the client be kicket out?

Anyone that can help me with this?

Regards

Tom C.

If you are working on a NAC project, it is strongly suggested that you work with a reseller or consultant that specializes in ClearPass, because you will want to know your options.

1.  The onguard backend runs as a service and performs checks every minute.

2.  If the onguard agent is stopped the client can be disconnected, yes.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Re: Onguard and real time scanning

Thank you!

Yes we are in contact with our local Aruba office in this case, but they was a little bit byssi for the moment and we needed a quick answer. So I took the chance to the community to see if we could get a quick answer. And as always we did :-)

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: