Security

New Contributor

PEAP profile connect without manually entering username and password

hi 

I am using windows 10 , 

I want to connect to EAP-PEAP profile using only xml file and netsh commands

I don't want to enter user name and password manually

After netsh wlan add profile command ,can you give any method to set username and password through command or code or api or xml file, so that just by giving netsh wlan connect command my device should connect to EAP profile without asking for username and password?????

I am doing this for testing purpose,so please anyone suggest any method???

Anyone please suggest me some answers. I am almost struck in this :(

Guru Elite

Re: PEAP profile connect without manually entering username and password

You should manage this via group policy.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Thank you very much for the reply :)

can you please tell me in detail how to manage or provide me any links which has the procedure???

MVP

You describe your solution as a test-case where you just want to run netsh to create a SSID profile and instantly connect to it without any form for username input. Default for the PEAP-MSCHAPv2 profile is to use the logged in user so to get a username/password popup you will need to uncheck this checkbox. I have not seen a way to input this directly using netsh wlan.

At the same time - as Tim says it's best solved using GPO for your production environment as long as you're using Windows Server ;) Tons of links around - just search for 802.1x windows GPO and you should get some detailed documents.

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCP :: ACSA
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Intelecom Group - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply and solution

I found a way to connect to a EAP profile without entering user name and password manually.

But i took hex value of username and password and created a profile corresponding .reg file and imported it to registers .

It worked for me :)

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: