Security

Frequent Contributor II

Passing Aruba-Device-Type from controller to CPPM

Is there a way to pass Aruba-Device-Type from a controller to CPPM?  i.e. Controller indicates device type is Chromebook and passes that information to CPPM so it can make a decision.  We're trying to ID chromebooks dynamically with MAC authentication (MAC in CPPM endpoint database).  Is this possible?

Guru Elite

Re: Passing Aruba-Device-Type from controller to CPPM

Yes, it is automatically included in the RADIUS request. You can reference it in the role map or enforcement using RADIUS:Aruba:Aruba-Device-Type

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Frequent Contributor II

OK then that is the part that is broken I think.   We do not see it in the input tab since the AOS upgrade.  That is how it was set up before the AOS upgrade and it worked.  Since AOS upgrade, it is no joy...

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

What code? I see it in 6.4.2.2

radius-device-type.JPG

Frequent Contributor II

Opps, sorry.

AOS 6.3.1.13

CPPM 6.3.4.xxxx

We just upgrade the AOS code.  We're hoping to upgrade CPPM version in a couple of weeks as we didn't want to change AOS & CPPM at the same time for troubleshooting reasons (if there was a problem).

Guru Elite

Are you seeing the device type in the user table?

Frequent Contributor II

Yes, I am seeing it there.  It is also (as expected) showing up in the WebUI as well.

TAC just called and they are going to check on versioning information in regards to this situation.  I swear it was working before the AOS upgrade but I'm old & forget things sometimes.

Guru Elite

One other thing that you could possibly do is configure IF-MAP between the Aruba Controller and ClearPass, so that it passes that information from http user agent strings and mdns queries to clearpass from the device-type table of the controller:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Management_Utilities/CPPM-ifmap.htm

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Frequent Contributor II

I did a packet capture and radius is returning the fingerprint of the OS correctly to CPPM.  CPPM is not dealing with it properly for some reason.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: