Security

Occasional Contributor II

Posturing iOS and Android

I have a need to posture mobile devices like iOS and Andoid, specifically to determine if they have proper encryption enabled prior to allowing access to the wireless network. From what I know of CP it doesn't look there is support for iOS or android. Has anyone else found a way to do this with clearpass onguard or is this more of a function for MDM solutions?

What about kicking off a nessus scan on initial connection to determine device compliance with the MDM encryption policies? Although this won't scan the device directly so only useful for those devices enrolled I would imagine.

Appreciate any feedback from anyone who has run into this requirement on their network and how they satisfied it using clearpass, MDM, or some other solution.

Thanks, GR

Guru Elite

Re: Posturing iOS and Android

This is a function of MDM. ClearPass can then talk to your MDM solution.

Sent from Nine

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Occasional Contributor II

Got it, and from that info, clearpass can enforce a policy based on encryption level I am assuming.

What about devices that are not part of any MDM solution or MDM is not available? Sounds like there is no way to determine encryption levels of a device directly from clearpass.

Guru Elite

Correct. It is not possible to detect encryption out of band.

Sent from Nine

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: