Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with setting up guest access with mac caching

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Problem with setting up guest access with mac caching

Posted Sep 12, 2014 10:32 AM

Hi,

I've just run the clearpass 6.4 config to set up guest access with mac caching. Everything looks o.k. and I can connect from my guest portal ssid to my login prompt page, perform a sponsored request  to have an account allocated, grant access to my userid and try logging in with my guest credentials.

Unfortunately at this point the authentication fails. Looking at Monitoring/Access Tracker/Request details for my attempted authentication, I can see the following alerts ... which result in a default access deny profile. The connection attempt has been made from a device wih no entry in the endpoints database.

Any help appreciated.

Rgds

Alex

Failed to construct filter=SELECT FLOOR(EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM (NOW() - timestamp)))::integer AS seconds_since_auth, FLOOR((EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM (NOW() - timestamp)))/60)::integer AS minutes_since_auth, FLOOR((EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM (NOW() - timestamp)))/3600)::integer AS hours_since_auth, FLOOR((EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM (NOW() - timestamp)))/86400)::integer AS days_since_auth FROM auth WHERE auth.timestamp < NOW() AND auth.error_code = 0 AND auth.username = '%{Endpoint:Username}' AND auth.mac = '%{Connection:Client-Mac-Address-NoDelim}' ORDER BY timestamp DESC LIMIT 1.
    Failed to get value for attributes=[Days-Since-Auth].
    Failed to construct filter=SELECT user_id as guest_device_user FROM tips_guest_users WHERE ((guest_type = 'USER') AND (user_id = '%{Endpoint:Username}') AND (app_name != 'Onboard') AND (enabled = 't') AND ((expire_time is null) OR (expire_time > CURRENT_TIMESTAMP))).
    Failed to get value for attributes=[UserName]

• 2.  RE: Problem with setting up guest access with mac caching

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2014 10:45 AM

Is insight enabled under Administration » Server Manager » Server Configuration--- click on the server and checkmark enable insight

• 3.  RE: Problem with setting up guest access with mac caching

Posted Sep 12, 2014 12:04 PM

Yup, this is my devel server and its set up as an insight master

• 4.  RE: Problem with setting up guest access with mac caching

Posted Mar 29, 2016 05:26 AM

Have you solved this issue?

Regards Andrea