Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Production Server Setup

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Production Server Setup

Posted May 30, 2018 08:21 PM

Morning All,

In couple of days time we will be moving/building new VM for clearpass 6.5.

We have got the specs to build the VM and my question is

1. Is it best to stick the specs provided by Aruba 1TB, 8Core and 8GB ram. Due to budget issue we are planning to go with 1TB and 4core and 4gb.

2. whats the best way to move all the config from our test environment to prod. i have backed up individual settings like Roles, Roles mapping etc. 

3. Just to confirm that there is no way for us to extend HDD CPU or RAM once the server is up if we need to?

4.we wish to do Certificate for guest network as well. is it a similar process as for Corp network.

5. Anything else i should be aware of or take into consideration before we start building the VM?

i am still new to Aruba side of things hopefully i will be able to understand and follow any recommendations.

• 2.  RE: Production Server Setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2018 08:28 PM
    6.5 is very old and does not receive updates. Please start on 6.7.3

1. You must follow the required specs for your environment to be supported by Aruba TAC
    2. Server Backup and restore
    3. No, not recommended
    4. Need more detail here. Not clear.

• 3.  RE: Production Server Setup

Posted May 30, 2018 08:52 PM

Hi Tim,

Aprreciate your quick response on this.

it is actually 6.7 not 6.5

Where can i do back up restore of entire thing in clear pass?

We are planning to do 802.1x authentication for our corporate and will be using Aruba cert. we wish to do something similar for guest network minus the 802.1x and wanting to know if i need to generate a cert for guest wifi whats the procedure for that.

• 4.  RE: Production Server Setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2018 09:09 PM
    Server Configuration > Server > Backup (same for restore on the other side)

What is the desired workflow for guests? You want to do browser-based certificate authentication (not common)?

• 5.  RE: Production Server Setup

Posted May 30, 2018 09:11 PM

Reason we want to do certificate for guest is we have noticied if clients user Safari or Edge the guest login page does not load compared to chrome and IE.

we want to be proactive and eliminate this issue.

• 6.  RE: Production Server Setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 30, 2018 10:09 PM
    So you’re talking about the server certificate, not a client certificate. Yes, you will need a public CA-signed HTTPS certificate for ClearPass and a separate server certificate for your controllers.