Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Question about upgrading CCMP VM from 6.3 to 6.4

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Question about upgrading CCMP VM from 6.3 to 6.4

Posted Aug 25, 2014 04:11 AM

We are currently on 6.3 and have the default SCSI 0:0 20GB drive and a SCSI 0:1 500GB drive.  I want to upgrade to 6.4, do I just add another 500GB drive, reboot and then perform the upgrade and reboot again?

If so, once the upgrade is completed can I just remove the old drive? Storage is pretty limited in my enviroment so I need to know the best way to upgrade without wasting space. Thanks for the help, the release notes instructions are not very clear in my opinion and this is my first revision change with Clearpass. 

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Question about upgrading CCMP VM from 6.3 to 6.4
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2014 06:34 AM
    You do not do anything with the drives for the upgrade. Simply install the update through the software update screen. Ignore the message about adding another disk, it's a bug.

The system automatIcally partitioned the 500 GB disk into two partitions when 6.3 was installed. Each partition holds a different major version of the software so you can roll back.

• 3.  RE: Question about upgrading CCMP VM from 6.3 to 6.4

Posted Aug 25, 2014 02:06 PM

Thanks for the clarification!