Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Quickconnect - Browser dangerous application warning

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Quickconnect - Browser dangerous application warning

Posted Jun 30, 2014 11:55 PM

Hi All,

I've noticed in a number of browser flag the quickconnect download as a dangerous file as it's not commonly downloaded. 

Is there any way this can be avoided (either through app signing or similar) to allow for browsers to pass this without warning?

Feedback from some of my clients has suggested this doesn't go down well with the users and puts some people off using the app .

Scott

• 2.  RE: Quickconnect - Browser dangerous application warning
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: Quickconnect - Browser dangerous application warning

Posted Jul 01, 2014 10:02 PM

does a code signing certificate have to be internal or self signed or can a public web server cert be used to sign an application?

I'm guessing that the usage parameters wouldn't be right to do this?

What do most people do here?

Can you insert a link to the root self signed certificate to be displayed on the Quickconnect page so the user is prompted to install this before quickconnect (similar to IOS experience)?

Thanks

Scott

• 4.  RE: Quickconnect - Browser dangerous application warning

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 01, 2014 11:40 PM
    A code signing cert is a special certificate that you have to order. Using one signed by your organization may still lead to user confusion since the CA most likely won't be trusted.