Security

Super Contributor II

Quickconnect - Browser dangerous application warning

Hi All,

I've noticed in a number of browser flag the quickconnect download as a dangerous file as it's not commonly downloaded. 

Is there any way this can be avoided (either through app signing or similar) to allow for browsers to pass this without warning?

Feedback from some of my clients has suggested this doesn't go down well with the users and puts some people off using the app .

Scott

Aruba

Re: Quickconnect - Browser dangerous application warning

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Is-there-a-signed-installer-for-Aruba-QuickConnect/td-p/173420
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Super Contributor II

does a code signing certificate have to be internal or self signed or can a public web server cert be used to sign an application?

I'm guessing that the usage parameters wouldn't be right to do this?

What do most people do here?

Can you insert a link to the root self signed certificate to be displayed on the Quickconnect page so the user is prompted to install this before quickconnect (similar to IOS experience)?

Thanks

Scott

Guru Elite

A code signing cert is a special certificate that you have to order. Using one signed by your organization may still lead to user confusion since the CA most likely won't be trusted.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: