Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

RADIUS Server Named Instances?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  RADIUS Server Named Instances?

Posted Feb 26, 2014 03:42 PM

I'd like to use different named instances of my RADIUS server to authenticate different classes of users--e.g., old users use SSID#1 and RADIUS#1 and get on VLAN1, and new users use SSID#2 and RADIUS#2 and get put on VLAN2. I want to do this *without* using the PEF software.

However, there are very few parameters associated with an SSID's RADIUS configuration--mainly IP address, shared secret, and ports used. Is it possible to specify a 'named instance' of my Microsoft NPS RADIUS server that shares the same IP address with other named instances? Google and Airhead searches did not help me.

Thanks,

Jeff

• 2.  RE: RADIUS Server Named Instances?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2014 03:44 PM
    What type of information will you be evaluating from the auth request?
    Domain/realm?

• 3.  RE: RADIUS Server Named Instances?

Posted Feb 26, 2014 04:56 PM

Thanks for your help, Tim. I think I might have gotten my answer here; I'll let you know:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Two-SSID-s-using-802-1x-authentication-with-same-Radius-server/td-p/39038