Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Radius Data From Clearpass to Dell SonicWall Firewall

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Radius Data From Clearpass to Dell SonicWall Firewall

Posted Dec 08, 2014 04:46 PM

We are currently using Clearpass to authenticate users with Active Directory to get on our wireless network.   Everything there is working fine.

We recently have installed a Dell Sonicwall.   We would like to get the user information that Clearpass has into the Dell Sonicwall.   Our Dell rep told us this should work.  We have to use radius accounting to accomplish this on the Sonicwall.   Does anyone have step by step instructions on how to setup radius accounting in Clearpass to point this data to the firewall as the accounting server?  

Thank you,

Dennis

• 2.  RE: Radius Data From Clearpass to Dell SonicWall Firewall

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2014 05:04 PM

If you are using an Aruba Controller, you can setup a Radius Server Group in the AAA profile that points to Sonicwall:   http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/AAA_Servers/Assigning_Server_Groups.htm?Highlight=accounting

• 3.  RE: Radius Data From Clearpass to Dell SonicWall Firewall

Posted Dec 08, 2014 05:06 PM

No Aruba Controller.  All of our APs are Instant APs and we use Clearpass for authentication.   

• 4.  RE: Radius Data From Clearpass to Dell SonicWall Firewall

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2014 05:16 PM

Sorry about that.  I should have asked.

• 5.  RE: Radius Data From Clearpass to Dell SonicWall Firewall

Posted Dec 08, 2014 06:57 PM
      |   view attached

So currenty you can't proxy the accounting data from CPPM out to another device. We are adding this functionality in our next release. We will go to a public Beta of 6.5 in january with FCS targeted for end of Feb 2015.

I've added a copy of the screen shot for how you will add the accouting proxy to a service so that as you auth a user you will be able to proxy the accounting data to a external source.

• 6.  RE: Radius Data From Clearpass to Dell SonicWall Firewall

Posted Nov 14, 2023 10:43 AM

Hey guys.

I know the post is old, but I would like to use my sonicwall to release browsing that hits clearpass. Do we have any documents that help with this step by step? Well, from what I've read, this is already possible.

• 7.  RE: Radius Data From Clearpass to Dell SonicWall Firewall

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2023 04:30 PM

please open a new post, as this thread is very old.

------------------------------
    If my post was useful accept solution and/or give kudos.
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of HPE or Aruba.
    ------------------------------