Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Radius plus MAC Address authentication

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Radius plus MAC Address authentication

Posted Sep 24, 2014 03:16 AM

Hi all,

I have my controller which authenticate users using MAC address to connect to the network. But now I want my controller to authenticate users using both MAC Address and Radius authentication. so if user want to join to the network without using the authenticated mac address devices, they will be prompt to connect through radius captive portal. but if they connect using the authenticated devices, they will join to the network straight away.

is it possible to do it without 802.1x? and how should i configure it? Many thanks in advance 

• 2.  RE: Radius plus MAC Address authentication

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 24, 2014 06:24 AM
    What do you have for a RADIUS server?

• 3.  RE: Radius plus MAC Address authentication
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 24, 2014 11:47 AM

I have a windows server 2012 configured as a NPS/RADIUS server.

By the way Tim, I got it resolved just now. the problem lies on the configuration i did on the controller. under "AAA policy", the MAC Auth server group i accidentally put it as my "nps server ip" instead of "internal". that's why it didn't work. my bad. 

so now, im able to get users authenticated with mac address or if not radius authentication.