Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Re-order attributes in enforcement profile?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Re-order attributes in enforcement profile?

Posted Oct 24, 2016 04:50 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I am pushing NAS-Filter-Rules (ACL entries) to a 2930 switch per user auth session, that works fine.
    However, when a change needs to be made to the ACL list, it does not seem possible to re-order entries in a single enforcement profile, nor to insert attributes between records in the existing list.
    I know I can export/edit xml/import, but that is not very convenient just to update an ACL.
    Does anyone know of a workaround for this or should this be a feature request?
    See attached example.

Thanks!

Peter.

• 2.  RE: Re-order attributes in enforcement profile?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2016 07:32 AM

Unfortunately this is not possible from the GUI today.

• 3.  RE: Re-order attributes in enforcement profile?

Posted Oct 24, 2016 07:51 AM

Hi Tim,

Thank you for the update.

1/ Can this be added as feature request?

2/ In the release 6.6.2.86786, the output of Access Tracker does not seem to respect the order of the configured attributes (they are simply sorted A-Z it seems). See attached for the Access Tracker output and the configured settings. This is not a big issue, since the real access-accept packet contains the correct order, but it is still confusing from a troubleshooting point of view. Should this be logged as a case?

best regards,Peter.

• 4.  RE: Re-order attributes in enforcement profile?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2016 07:55 AM

1) Yes, please submit an RFE.

2) This is a known issue and is being addressed.

• 5.  RE: Re-order attributes in enforcement profile?

Posted Oct 24, 2016 08:18 AM

Thanks again Tim!

@all: idea for the attribute re-ordering has been posted, please vote to get this done!

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/prm/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08733000000DFer

Thanks,Peter.

• 6.  RE: Re-order attributes in enforcement profile?

Posted Dec 10, 2019 09:43 AM

I can't believe re-ordering attributes is still not possible.... It makes editing DACL's nearly impossible.  Is there an update on when this feature will be added?