05-21-2013 06:52 AM
05-27-2013 06:19 AM
You should consult the Instant AP user guide for the portion "Configuring External Captive Portal Authentication for a Network Profile "
Aruba Customer Engineering
Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base
06-07-2013 04:06 AM
Here's a CLI configuration that redirected clients to an external, Cloudpath, captive portal page:
aaa authentication captive-portal "Portal-AuthOnly-Profile"
The user role that called this captive portal looked like this:
I think that you're trying to configure the captive portal with the firewall rules, which is something that I did when I first started using the Aruba solution. In the GUI, you'll need to remember to select the Captive Portal profile and then hit the "apply" button before saving your work.
Let us know if that helped you out.
06-29-2013 07:34 AM
There are two ways to do this, the easiest being via the wizard.
1. Click "New" under the Networks on the left-side of the Instant control panel.
2. When you get to step 4 in the wizard, moving the sliding scale on the left-hand side to "Network-based."
3. In the "Access Rules" on the right-hand side, select "New."
4. A popup box will now appear.
5. Under "Rule type," select "Captive Portal"
6. Next, under "Splash Page type," select "External"
7. Under "IP or Hostname," place the address where you've unzipped and installed the Cloudpath instance.
8. Add a "Redirect URL" to your company, school, or business to let the connected user know that they're finished.
I tested this out on an Instant cluster with a Cloudpath instance and it worked as expected.