05-12-2014 10:20 PM - last edited on 05-13-2014 06:17 PM by Jamie E
Please run a back up and VM snapshot if your running a VM before you run any upgrades.
Please make sure you read the release notes and the notes BELOW.
ClearPass 6.3.2 is now available. It is available in 2 flavors, as a cumulative patch update and as an upgrade image.
- Users running ClearPass 6.3.0, 6.3.1 should apply the cumulative patch 6.3.2.
- Users running ClearPass 6.1.4 or 6.2.6 can now upgrade directly to ClearPass 6.3.2 using the upgrade image.
Here are a few important things to note for customers who are planning to upgrade to 6.3.2 from versions 6.1.4 and 6.2.6. This does not apply to customers on versions 6.3.0 and 6.3.1.
- NOTE: Log Database and Access Tracker records are not restored as part of the upgrade. If required you can manually restore them after the upgrade. For more information review the “After you Upgrade” section on page 12 of the release notes document.
- NOTE: If you have a custom authentication source configured to use the session log database, additional steps are required after upgrade. You have such an authentication source configured if you have a source of type Generic SQL DB in ClearPass Policy Manager > Configuration > Authentication > Sources with server name localhost or 127.0.0.1 and with the database name tipsLogDb. In such cases manually restoring the session log database is required after upgrade completes.
- NOTE: If you are upgrading a ClearPass VM from 6.1.4, 6.2.6 to 6.3.2, please review the VMware disk requirements. They have changed in the 6.3 release. For more information review the “System Requirements” section on page 5 of the release notes document.
Customers can install the cumulative patch and the upgrade image from the Software Update Portal in ClearPass UI. The release notes document for 6.3.2 is attached to this email. Please review the instructions before you perform an update or an upgrade. The cumulative patch and upgrade image are available on our support site (support.arubanetworks.com) for offline installs at these locations.
- Downloads > ClearPass > Policy Manager > Current Release > Upgrade > ClearPass 6.3.2 Upgrade Image
- Downloads > ClearPass > Policy Manager > Current Release > Patches > ClearPass 6.3.0 Cumulative Update 2
--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.
--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
05-13-2014 03:54 AM
tarnold - the release notes don't appear on this post and I cannot see them on the support site to download. Are these going to be available soon?
ACDX #98 | ACMP | ACCP
05-13-2014 05:21 AM
re my last post I got TAC to provide them. See attached.
ACDX #98 | ACMP | ACCP