Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Restricting access to Insight

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Restricting access to Insight

Posted Feb 05, 2015 10:14 AM

I am currently developing a method for which desktop support technicians can use CPPM to view Access Tracker only.  I have accomplihed this step however...

Event though I can direct the CPPM portal to only display the Application login page called ClearPass Policy Manager. When  the user I have created logs into CPPM they  can use the back button on the browser to return to the login page and click the link for ClearPass Insight and gain entry into this reporting tool.  I want to remove the ability to access Insight.

• 2.  RE: Restricting access to Insight

Posted Feb 05, 2015 10:20 AM

Try this:

2015-02-05 10_19_45-ClearPass Policy Manager - Aruba Networks.png

• 3.  RE: Restricting access to Insight

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2015 10:21 AM

You'll need to create a new service to handle Insight authentication. You can then use the standard role mapping and enforcements to allow or deny access for certain users.

• 4.  RE: Restricting access to Insight

Posted Jun 16, 2015 12:02 PM

Team-

I have finally returned to this project.  We recently upgraded our cluster of 9 appliances to 6.5 using the cluster upgrade tool.  Took some time in the test bed to work our some kinks and to make sure we could downgrade in the event of an issue.. 

I am confised about the mention of standard role mappings.  Could you elaborate?

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Restricting access to Insight

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 12:16 PM

You don't have to use role mapping, but it is recommended when using things like AD groups, OUs, etc.