Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Revoking clearpass onboard certificate fails

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Revoking clearpass onboard certificate fails

Posted Nov 18, 2013 11:20 PM

Hello guys,

We are using EAP-TLS certificates (after onboarding iOS devices) for authentication. Hopefully I should use [EAP TLS with OCSP enabled] as authentication method (not just 'EAP-TLS'). I'm trying to revoke a tls-client cert in clearpass such that it's client is denied access.

I'm mentioning an OCSP URL in Authority Info Access in clearpass onboard CA settings also. But when I try to access the network, I'm getting "Could not verify OCSP response - EAP-TLS: fatal alert by server - certificate_unknown" error. Please see the attached images.

Could you pls guide?

Thanks,
    Bharani..

• 2.  RE: Revoking clearpass onboard certificate fails
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 19, 2013 02:39 PM

Is ClearPass the certificate authority or is it a subordinate CA?

If it's the CA, view the details for [EAP TLS With OCSP Enabled].  Check this against the actual OCSP URL.  To do this, switchover to ClearPass Guest, and navigate to: Onboard > Initial Setup > Certificate Authorities.  The ClearPass CA is listed here along with the OCSP URL.  Make sure it matches the URL in your EAP TLS method.

• 3.  RE: Revoking clearpass onboard certificate fails

Posted Nov 19, 2013 09:26 PM

Hello MVP,

Thank you for your reply. Probably that should be the mistake I guess. I'll go to office and give it a try and get back to you.

Regards,

Bharani..

• 4.  RE: Revoking clearpass onboard certificate fails
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 21, 2013 09:43 PM

Hi,

It has worked! The OCSP URL should be same on CPPM as well as CA settings in CPPM onboard page.

Thank you.

Regards,

Bharani..