Security

Occasional Contributor II

Role Mappings within the Guest Application

Up to version 6.3.1 of CPPM we had the ability the change the Role Mapping that the Guest application used by going to Guest Application > Administration > Plug-in Manager > ClearPass Guest Services and typing in the new Role Mapping to use. After installing 6.3.1 this option is no longer available. Does anyone know how this can be changed in version 6.3.1 and later?

MVP

Re: Role Mappings within the Guest Application

Are you talking about this ?

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Create-new-account-roles-on-ClearPass-Guest/td-p/84170 

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

That is for creating new roles within the Role Mappings, I want to create a new Role Mapping that the Guest Application uses.  Another way to say this, I do not want to use [Guest], I want to use [Custom Guest], but I want to leave [Guest] unchanged.

MVP

That's exactly what that does
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

[ Edited ]

No, that is not what I am looking for. If I want to add additional roles to the [Guest] role mapping, then I would do just what the link does. That is not the issue. I want to change the Role Mapping that the Guest application uses. Before 6.3 this was completed by going to Guest Application > Administration > Plug-in Manager > ClearPass Guest Services and entering a new Role Mapping http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/ClearPass-using-different-role-mappings-amp-role-id/m-p/127107/highlight/true#M8640

Look at the attached Word doc, this is how it was changed prior to 6.3.

Aruba

Tim,

I dont see an attached word doc. 

Im with victor here and Im confused on what you are looking for. 

In 6.3 if you want to add or change a guest role you are going to do that in the CPPM side. The only thing that is done in the CPGuest side is choosing what the default role is and what roles an operator can assign. 

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Guru Elite

I think he's asking how you define which role mapping policy CPG uses for guest roles. It used to be that you could select a custom role mapping policy in the CPG config.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Aruba

I just fired up an old 6.2 and this is what was in there but it is also used in the cppm side. It was two spots that you could configure this setting and the CPPM side was much more flexiable so it was move to that side only. 

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 10.38.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 10.40.25 PM.png

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

Tim you would be correct. 

Troy, the first screen shot is what I am after with “*  Role Mapping:”.  In 6.2 you created it on the CPPM side and then referenced it under Guest, you didn’t create it on both.  In 6.3, the option is no longer available and I am trying to understand how  or where to make the same change in 6.3, if its still possible.   

Aruba

You no longer need to reference it in 6.3. That was from the old amigopod days and it caused more problems since you had those capabilities in the guest page or the operator profile to choose the default role.

If you still have questions send me a private message with your contact info and I will call you tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 1.29.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 1.28.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-05-29 at 1.29.52 AM.png

Thank You,
Troy

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: