Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

SMS over SMTP Sprint Question

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  SMS over SMTP Sprint Question

Posted Jul 05, 2018 05:38 PM

Configuring guest portal to receive an SMS with a passcode to login.  All is working correctly, except Sprint customers.  After some troubleshooting with TAC, it seems Sprint does not like the 1+ number when sending an sms to number@messaging.sprintpcs.com.  As a test, it only works if you hardcode the user’s email (xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com), but when using the SMS template for the carriers, Clearpass always adds a 1 to the number as seen on the debug logs.  TAC says this is international standard and Sprint should accept the 1+number.  So.. I doubt Sprint will listen to me and change their sms email gateway to accept emails from 1+number@ messaging.sprintpcs.com.  So my question, is there any way to do some custom code and be able to edit this just for Sprint (by removing the 1 in front of the number).  I see you can do some tweaking with length of number sent when using a 3rd party sms gateway, but not for SMS over SMTP service.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: SMS over SMTP Sprint Question
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2018 04:36 PM

Go to Guest » Configuration » SMS Services » Mobile Carriers, select Sprint (PCS), and click Edit.  Under Number Format change it to 'Never include the country code', then type '1' in the Country Code box that appears.

Let us know how this goes and we can update our defaults.

• 3.  RE: SMS over SMTP Sprint Question

Posted Jul 09, 2018 04:52 PM

That worked!  Thank you.