Security

Contributor I

SMS over SMTP with e-mail Prefix

Hi,

one of my customers is using a specail prefix in the e-Mail adress: SMS#phonenumber@mailserver.

I can customize a filed to compose the new Phonenumber  sms_vistor_phone = SMS#data.visitor_phone.

The new field can be defined in the plugin manager.

But when trying to send the plugin enforces numbers: "Please provide a valid telephone number for the recipient, in international format"

Any workaround on that?

Thank you,

Johnny

Aruba Employee

Re: SMS over SMTP with e-mail Prefix

You always want to store the mobile as the mobile.  I assume you created a custom SMTP Carrier pointing to your special domain.  Select 'Always include the country code', and set 'SMS#' as the country code.

Note you can edit the visitor_phone field and adjust its Validator away from NwaSmsIsValidPhoneNumber.  Some places use a regular expression to narrow in their particular countries format.

Contributor I

Thank you. As always the solution is much simplier than imagined. :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor I

Little question, how do you do this :

Customize a filed to compose the new Phonenumber  sms_vistor_phone = SMS#data.visitor_phone.

Thanks

Dimitri

Aruba Employee

What is the scenario you need this?  You can setup a custom carrier and use the keyword NUMBER.  In general everything left of the @ symbol in the carrier is used, but when NUMBER is seen, it is simply swapped with your number.  So a carrier email of "SMS#NUMBER@your.com" would be fine. 

Regular Contributor I

What I need is :

2 fields, one with a prefix and one with the phone number. I'd like to merge both field into a new one "Phone number" then to use it for SMS sending.

Thanks

Dimitri

Aruba Employee

You cannot use extra fields when making the email destination.  Is the prefix anything other than "SMS#"?  The only way to get that is my example above.  Create your own carrier using my example, and you can hard code that as the default carrier.  You do need to be on current releases for some of this.  If you have separate prefixes, then you need a carrier for each, and then tie that to the users via visitor_carrier. 

Regular Contributor I

It's a different of the original problem : so I use a SMS gateway, username is a phone number but without the prefix.

What I would like to do is to give the possibilty to choose the prefix and then the SMS is sent to a phone number that is prefix+username.

So I was looking to merge fields or past values from field to field.

Aruba Employee

You cannot mix fields, no.  The best you can do is to setup multiple visitor_carriers with the known prefixes, and then tie each user to that carrier.

Regular Contributor I

Ok thanks. Can you give me more details how to do it ?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: