Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

SMS sanity check

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  SMS sanity check

Posted Mar 03, 2014 05:17 PM

Hi friends!

My SMS has never worked, so out of frustration I ran a pcap on the server on the collect logs and I attempted to send an SMS

anyway from what I can tell - this https call to 199.127.104.89 is direct and not using the proxy server!!!

Is this normal?

:smileyfrustrated:

• 2.  RE: SMS sanity check

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2014 06:59 AM

Greetings Nik.  May I ask what version you are running?  SMS over proxy was broken in 6.0.0 but accorindg to our records fixed in 6.0.2.  Also can you confirm this is SMS via ClearPass Guest?  And what provider are you using?  

• 3.  RE: SMS sanity check

Posted Mar 04, 2014 07:01 AM

Thanks for repsonding:

Fuly patched

• 4.  RE: SMS sanity check

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2014 07:02 AM

Can you verify the proxy is set on all of your servers? It is not a cluster-wide setting.

• 5.  RE: SMS sanity check

Posted Mar 04, 2014 07:03 AM

sorry to "make more work"

but the same happens for certs on onboarding

only seems related to clearpass guest - i.e. cppm patches of and everything fine

when it does curl (presumably for a call out somewhere) it seems to go direct?

• 6.  RE: SMS sanity check

Posted Mar 04, 2014 07:04 AM

I normally verify by doing a "check for update" under patching section server configuration, which has always seemed fine for all 4 cluster members :S

• 7.  RE: SMS sanity check

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2014 07:26 AM

Please do check under "Administration > Server Manager > Server Configuration > select server > Service Parameters tab > ClearPass system services".  We have many customers running proxies without issue.  you may need to open a TAC case.  if your settings are there.  You can reference "Redmine ticket #12852".

You have no database access issue to speak of?