Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4

Posted Oct 21, 2014 01:27 AM

Dear Concerned,

In ClearPass 6.4, service with a name of  (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) is not available by default. However it is predefined in clearpass 6.1 & 6.2.

I am trying to authentication using clearpass local guest repository but guest web pre-authentication service is not availbale so clearpass is not assigning the guest role (guest acess service) to the guest.

Guest Access service is configured properly. What attributes have to be configured on the Guest-Access Web Pre Authentication. ?

• 2.  RE: Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2014 01:41 AM
    It is not predefined in any of the releases. The only services that are prebuilt are the ones for admin login.

You can use the start here and select "guest access -web login" to build the service.

• 3.  RE: Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4

Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:08 AM

I hv successfully created that service. But still guest user are not allowed by clearpass manager.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

• 4.  RE: Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:10 AM
    Post a screen shot of the input tab and expand the first section

• 5.  RE: Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4

Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:20 AM

Please find the attached snapshot

4.jpg

• 6.  RE: Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:24 AM
    Try removing line 2 in the service under ther service tab. There is something blcoking the service from triggering

• 7.  RE: Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4

Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:35 AM

Dear Concerned,

Please find the detail screen shots of Guest Access service and Guest web logon service.

Can you please take the Team viewer session of my laptop ?

Gest Logon Web Authentication.jpg

Guest Service.jpg

• 8.  RE: Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:38 AM
    It's your service #6 guest access using web service that needs to be modified.

• 9.  RE: Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:39 AM
    Remove line 2 and test again and see if it is triggered

• 10.  RE: Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4

Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:46 AM

Still i am getting the same error.

What to do now dear ?

• 11.  RE: Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2014 02:58 AM

Unfortunately I'm not anywhere that I can test. You can remove all the sections in the service and see if the service is triggered to make sure you are using the correct type. 

If it passes then it means there is something not allowing the service to be triggered. you can change the service to look like the following and test. 

If none of those work then you need to contact TAC and have them look at the service and the guest page. There might also be something wrong with your guest page. 

Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 1.54.16 AM.png

• 12.  RE: Service (Guest Acess- Web Login Pre-Authen) not Availlable in CP 6.4

Posted Oct 21, 2014 03:08 AM

On the service rules , by selecting the (any) option its working now.

Thumbs UP. finally kudoss.