Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Service Rule Contains multiple options (OR)

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Service Rule Contains multiple options (OR)

Posted Sep 18, 2017 08:16 PM

In Service rules, you can setup matches for CONTAINS. How can you list multiple values, like an OR list? I haven't found a delimiter that makes this work yet. I suppose the alternative is RegEx but a simple delimited OR list would just be a lot simpler. 

Thanks. 

• 2.  RE: Service Rule Contains multiple options (OR)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2017 09:02 PM
    You can use BELONGS_TO with a comma separated list.

• 3.  RE: Service Rule Contains multiple options (OR)

Posted Sep 19, 2017 11:35 AM

Looks like 'BELONGS_TO' has to match a full string? I need to find a piece of text within a string.. 

I have AP names like ap-abc-01, ap-xyz-01, etc. So I need a search string to find 'abc' or 'xyz' to match a rule. 

BELONGS_TO "abc,xyz" didn't work, neither did "*abc*,*xyz*"

I'm on Cisco, and CPPM doesn't properly fill out the AP-Name or AP-Group variables, so this is the only alternative I have figured out. 

• 4.  RE: Service Rule Contains multiple options (OR)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2017 05:02 PM
    You'd need to use regex then.

ClearPass parses what Cisco provides correctly. They don't send AP name as it's own VSA like most other vendors.

TIM CAPPALLI

Aruba Security

• 5.  RE: Service Rule Contains multiple options (OR)

Posted Sep 19, 2017 05:15 PM

I've gone ahead and tinkered with Regex, looks like i've got it working.

Cisco will send AP name, it just sends it in the Radius:IETF:Called-Station-Id field (when you change the setting). I would think Aruba could just parse that field and drop the result into AP-Name. From what i've noticed, i can't use Radius:IETF:Called-Station-Id in an enforcement policy rule, which is why i have to create new services and use service rules. If i could use AP-Name, that I can put in an enforcement policy.. Unless I'm missing where I can use Radius:IETF:Called-Station-Id in an enforcement policy..?

• 6.  RE: Service Rule Contains multiple options (OR)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2017 05:17 PM
    We can't automatically parse it because Cisco allows the CSID to be changed.

You can use the CSID in role mapping. You don't have to make individual services.

• 7.  RE: Service Rule Contains multiple options (OR)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 19, 2017 05:17 PM
    We can't automatically parse it because Cisco allows the CSID to be changed.

You can use the CSID in role mapping. You don't have to make individual services.

• 8.  RE: Service Rule Contains multiple options (OR)

Posted Sep 19, 2017 05:23 PM

Ahh, good point. I'll give it a shot with role mapping and see if that's easier. 

Thanks.