Security

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Session filter MAC Auth

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Session filter MAC Auth

Posted Jul 30, 2014 08:41 AM

Hello,

I am using ClearPass Guest and Instant.

I am trying to put account and session filters on an operator account so he can only see those which have "sponsor_name=Demo" set. I'm sending the sponsor_name value by using the register form.

For the account filter, I don't have any problem and it's working as expected. And when the guest is authenticated from the captive portal, I can see the active session on the operator account so it's okay.

The problem is when the guest is doing mac auth :

I cannot see the guest anymore in the active session list whereas I can see it when using the admin account. I tried to display the sponsor_name value in the table and it's empty so that's why...

How can I add it to the endpoint ? I have the endpoint:Sponsor Name value set by I don't know if I can use it for session filter...

Also, I think I saw that it was impossible to display the username and not the mac address in active sessions for mac auth using Instant. Could you confirm ?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

nice2k

• 2.  RE: Session filter MAC Auth
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 01, 2014 09:42 AM

Everything is resolved since I updated Instant to the 4.1.0.1 firmware ! Perfect :)