Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Show all references to cert on controller?

This thread has been viewed 23 times
  • 1.  Show all references to cert on controller?

Posted Aug 11, 2016 06:31 PM

Quick question, first post,

Is there a way in the web gui or cli to show the references to a certificate on an aruba controller?  In the certificates page, it is helpful to see how many times a cert is referenced, but if only that number were a hyperlink to another page showing those reference locations.  This isn't just for the sake of deleting the certificate, but so i can reproduce the desired result of one controller to another, and I've forgotten where and why I referenced a trusted certificate. 

• 2.  RE: Show all references to cert on controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2016 06:33 PM
    They will be referenced by name anywhere they're used in the CLI.

• 3.  RE: Show all references to cert on controller?

Posted Aug 11, 2016 06:40 PM

right, also the web ui, but the 'anywhere they're used' is what i'm looking for.  I don't want to dig around all the AAA profiles i've created testing different things to find which one uses the cert to terminate dot1x on the controller, I want to be brought to that reference.

• 4.  RE: Show all references to cert on controller?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2016 06:46 PM
    You can do show run and hit the W key and put in the certificate name and it will take you to all references.

• 5.  RE: Show all references to cert on controller?

Posted Aug 12, 2016 09:41 AM

Fantastic! thank you very much, integration of that into the web ui would be slick