Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Sponsor name not equal to Your name

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Sponsor name not equal to Your name

MVP
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 02:35 PM

Hi all,

We have a customer who has a guest registration page setup that asks for the sponsor's name and the guest's name (who is registering). Somehow many guests are entering their name as the sponsor AND in the "Your Name" field. Even with descriptions, they still do it.

Is there a way to validate the fields and say IF Sponsor name = Your Name THEN error. Similar to if someone misses a field that is required and it puts that red box around it.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Sponsor name not equal to Your name

MVP
    Posted Jul 22, 2015 02:37 PM

[2015-07-22]-Image002.jpg

• 3.  RE: Sponsor name not equal to Your name
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 29, 2015 06:15 AM

I can't do exactly what you require but I can add an interactive message into the form when the fields match.

I created a custom field called "mismatch". See attached screenshots for changes from the default values. 

I added this field to the form and then amended the initial values of both Sponsor Name and Visitor Name so they had differing values.

Now when the form is completed, if the Sponsor Name and Visitor Name fields match, an additional field is displayed with a warning. See screenshots for the same values and differing values.

This doesn't stop the form being submitted but does give the end user a warning message.

• 4.  RE: Sponsor name not equal to Your name

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2015 07:45 AM

I'm thinking you could probably follow this same logic on a required checkbox field.

Use the logic to say if the two field values are equal, uncheck the box which will cause the form to not be submitted. You can hide the field but change the error text to reflect the message that you want.

• 5.  RE: Sponsor name not equal to Your name

MVP
    Posted Jul 29, 2015 07:52 AM

I think the combination of the two might be the trick. That is awesome, we will give it a try.

Thanks for all the help!

• 6.  RE: Sponsor name not equal to Your name

Posted Aug 26, 2015 03:38 PM

Did you ever get this to work? Interested in seeing the results.

Thanks!

• 7.  RE: Sponsor name not equal to Your name

MVP
    Posted Aug 26, 2015 09:50 PM
    Never got it to fully work.

Problem was because technically the Guest name and sponsor name are the same in the beginning, the error would exist prior to anything being typed. This does function, but does not stop them from submitting anyway.

Sent from my iPhone

• 8.  RE: Sponsor name not equal to Your name

Posted Aug 26, 2015 11:37 PM

My recommendation is to enable Sponsor Email feild and to create a validtaor that acceppt only the Corporate email fro Example if the corperate domain is xyz.com so only emails with domain of xyz.com will be able to register I tried that and it worked and validator arugument as below :

array (
    'allow' =>
    array (
    'xyz.com'
    ),
    'deny' =>
    array (
    ),
    )