Security

Occasional Contributor II

Switch authentication

I am needing to configure Clearpass to authenticate users for switch access (logging on the switch) using RADIUS. Can someone point me to a document showing how to configure Clearpass to accomplish this?

Thank you!

Guru Elite

Re: Switch authentication

Which switch?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

Does the switch support TACACS? 

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

The switches will be Brocade and Avaya.

Thank you,

Aruba

You can create a generic RADIUS service and look for authentications coming from those NAS IPs.  I would place this service towards the end of your services list so it won't step on any other services you have enabled.  

In terms of then running through the service, select the auth methods used by Avaya and Brocade (most likely PAP and MSCHAP) and then the auth source (AD or admin user repository) and test with the default enforcement policy named "Sample Allow Access Policy"

Once you have that working, you can layer in more restrictive access based on AD memberof or other parameters.

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos

Do you have a document showing how to configure this? I don’t have much experience with Clearpass…

Thank you!

Aruba

Please find below link for step by step doc to explain you about clear pass and controller integration. let us know if you have any queries or questions on the same.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/tkb@tkb/220/2/Aruba%20Wireless%20and%20ClearPass%206%20Integration%20Guide%20v1.3.pdf

Thank you

I am needing a configuration doc show how to configure Clearpass to do RADIUS authentication to allow access to a network switch. I am going to be using Brocade and Avaya, but a document using Cisco (or any other vendor) would be great.
Thank you,

Aruba

The documents for those vendors should be found at their respective support or documentation sites.  

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos

I am just looking for the Clearpass relevant configuration to accomplish what I need to do. Which is to authenticate a user who is trying to logon to a network switch using RADIUS.

I have the individual switch configurations already.

Thank you,

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: