Security

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Syslog with ClearPass

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Syslog with ClearPass

Posted Sep 11, 2017 11:05 AM

Hi All

I've been testing Clearpass for use with eduroam and am just setting up the logging to our Syslog server. I have created a new Data Filter that looks for ( Common:Service CONTAINS eduroam ), and the logging is working for Accepts and Rejects. During my testing I took too long to login and received a TIMEOUT in Access Tracker, however this was not logged to Syslog. Does anyone know why Timeouts are not logged to Syslog.

Clearpass Version is 6.5.7

Thanks

Dave

• 2.  RE: Syslog with ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2017 11:07 AM

Is that the only rule in the data filter?

When you apply the same data filter in Access Tracker, are the timeouts also not visible?

• 3.  RE: Syslog with ClearPass

Posted Sep 11, 2017 11:13 AM

Hi Tim

Yep, that is the only rule in the data filter.

When I apply the filter to access tracker I can see the timeouts but I can't see them in Syslog, I can see every other request for that service but not the timeouts.

Thanks

Dave

• 4.  RE: Syslog with ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2017 11:22 AM
    If you’re seeing them in AT, you should be seeing them via Syslog. Please open a TAC case.

• 5.  RE: Syslog with ClearPass

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2017 11:22 AM
    If you’re seeing them in AT, you should be seeing them via Syslog. Please open a TAC case.