Security

Occasional Contributor II

TACACS Command Authorization/Restriction

I am using ClearPass to authorize commands on Cisco devices per AD group.  For the read-only group, I am putting the user into priv 15 and then permitting/denying the specific shell commands.  This way I do not have to configure separate privilege levels on each of the Cisco devices.  I would like users in the read-only group to be able to "clear counters" on interfaces but NOT allow them to "clear IP <anything>".  I have tried creating what I thought would work (pasted below) but it will not allow me to specify an interface after the "counters" argument.  Is there a wildcard entry that I can add that would solve my problem?

Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 2.23.12 PM.png

Joseph Slawinski :: Mobility Architect
CCNP, ACMP, ACCP, CWNA
MVP

Re: TACACS Command Authorization/Restriction

Have you tried re-structuring the commands as below:

Capture.JPG

David
ACDX #98 | ACMP | ACCP

• I have copied what you had but it does seem to allow "clear ip <argument>"
  • I then removed the third entry; the "clear" with no arguments and a permit and then nothing is allowed through
  • from my experience, it seems that the "command" entry can only have the first word of the string, adding anything else seems to be ignored
CCNP, ACMP, ACCP, CWNA

* bump *

Would anyone have any ideas on this?  I cannot seem to allow "clear counters *" without allowing "clear *"

CCNP, ACMP, ACCP, CWNA
MVP

The only other way I could see this working is as below:

Capture.JPG

Sorry I don't have a test lab to try this out on at the moment so these are just suggestions.

David
ACDX #98 | ACMP | ACCP

Thank you for your reply.  I have entered in the syntax exactly as you have described and here are the results:

- I am able to run "clear counters" but with no arguments after.  I cannot specify a particular interface

- I am prevented from running "clear ip *" which is what I am looking for

If there is a way to add a wild card somehow to the "clear counters" to allow our NOC to specify individual interfaces, that would complete my task.

CCNP, ACMP, ACCP, CWNA
MVP

Try changing the unmatched arguments to permit instead of deny and see if that fixes the issue.

David
ACDX #98 | ACMP | ACCP

Changing the unmatched arguments to permit now allows "clear *"  (clear <everything>)

CCNP, ACMP, ACCP, CWNA
New Contributor

I am looking for the same, it would be great if a wildcard can be used.  I want to be able to allow users in a certain Enforcement Profile to be able to run "show running-config interface *" but prevent them from running a "show running-config".  Unmatched Arguments allows the latter which is no good

Aruba Employee

Wildcards are supported.. Basically have to use regexp style formatting in your arguments.

Example: Wildcards and Ranges 

You can use ".*" (period asterisk) in your argument field as a wildcard. For example if you want to limit configuration access to say uplink interfaces but not base port interfaces on a switch, you would use "interfaces 1/1/.*".

You can use "[X-Y]" (open bracket, range, close bracket) in your argument field as well. For example if you want to limit configuration access to say a range of ports such as GigabitEthernet 1/0/21 and 1/0/22, you would use "GigabitEthernet 1/0/2[1-2]".

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: