Security

Occasional Contributor II

TLS Guest Access

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I more small clarification, i am configuring the EAP-TLS and would like to know the TLS guest access option usage that is when i enable the termination on the controller and use TLS Guest access , the user will go into the role as per TLS Guest access when the server is down.

Please clarify. Thanks in advance

Guru Elite

Re: TLS Guest Access

thanjavuru wrote:

Hi,

I more small clarification, i am configuring the EAP-TLS and would like to know the TLS guest access option usage that is when i enable the termination on the controller and use TLS Guest access , the user will go into the role as per TLS Guest access when the server is down.

Please clarify. Thanks in advance

If this is unchecked, auth will go to the Radius server.  If the server does not answer, the user does not get on.

It if is checked, it will not send the auth to the radius server and the successful authenticated user will get the guest role.  It avoids using the radius server.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Contributor II

I was wondering about that as well. Thanks for clarifying.

Hi,

TAC says as below about TLS GUEST ACESS as below.

"The server is down the client should get kicked off/fail authentication with Termination on controller and "TLS guest access" with "Check certificate common name against AAA server"  enabled"

Please provide a document if any about the behaviour of TLS GUEST ACCESS.

Hi,

TAC says as below about TLS GUEST ACESS as below.

"The server is down the client should get kicked off/fail authentication with Termination on controller and "TLS guest access" with "Check certificate common name against AAA server"  enabled"

Please provide a document if any about the behaviour of TLS GUEST ACCESS.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: