Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Test Radius Authentication with Command PLease HElp!!

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Test Radius Authentication with Command PLease HElp!!

Posted Dec 20, 2011 03:44 PM

Im trying to run a command that tests radius authentication. I have command(see below) but this does not seem to work on aruba controllers. Does anyone know a more recent command that i can use to test radius authentication??

Example below. thanks in advanced for anyone who can help me with this.

test access radius-server address user username password password secret secret <authentication-port port> <retry number> <source-address address> <timeout number

• 2.  RE: Test Radius Authentication with Command PLease HElp!!

Posted Dec 20, 2011 04:02 PM

Try this:

#aaa test-server mschapv2 <Server_Name> <Username> <password>

Fill in the <fields>

-ELiasz

• 3.  RE: Test Radius Authentication with Command PLease HElp!!

Posted Dec 20, 2011 04:03 PM

We actually can't test that way because we are using certifcates to authenticate.

• 4.  RE: Test Radius Authentication with Command PLease HElp!!

Posted Dec 20, 2011 04:08 PM

Well that makes sense. The only thing this will tell you is if the server is reachable. If it only accept certs, you will get Authentication Failed when you test, but at least you know it responds. If you get a Authentication Timed Out you know there is a connectivity issue.

I'm not sure how you could test authentication using certs from the commandline.

-ELiasz