Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Trying to speed up connections at a construction jobsite

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Trying to speed up connections at a construction jobsite

Posted Oct 02, 2013 09:55 AM
      |   view attached

So here is the scenerio. I have a 650 master controller in our main office in St. Louis.  We are operating a jobsite in Richmond, VA. The jobsite has two 10/1 DSL lines.  I had originally sent them two RAP-5WN to handle connections back to the office. They have an onsite file "server" (tiny computer replicating a folder from our office) and two printers onsite. They are seeing intermittent slowness when printing and accessing the file server. The server and printers are wired into RAP-5WN #1 and from what I can see, the intermittent slowness is comming from the users that are connected to RAP-5WN #2.  To visualize what is happening please look at the attached document.

What I would like to do is setup a network where all local traffic stays local and all other traffic gets sent to the STL office. We must have at least 2 APs and we are okay with spending a little money to make it right. Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Trying to speed up connections at a construction jobsite

Posted Oct 02, 2013 10:31 AM

What forwarding mode are you using tunnel or split tunnel mode ?