Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Ubuntu EAP-TLS Clearpass Onboarding

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Ubuntu EAP-TLS Clearpass Onboarding

Posted Apr 13, 2016 02:01 PM

I'm having trouble onboarding Ubuntu 15.10 clients using ClearPass Onboard.

OSX, Windows, iOS, and Android are all working great.

I am able to connect to the portal and download the bash script. When I run it it downloads and runs the QuickConnect app, but it ends with the error messae "QuickConnect Failed to Download Configuratoin for your System".

The certificates are created on Clearpass, but they dont seem to get installed on the client.

• 2.  RE: Ubuntu EAP-TLS Clearpass Onboarding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2016 04:31 AM

What ClearPass version are you running?

Which 15.10 Ubuntu version are you running? The 32 bit or the 64 bit version??

Please open a TAC case in parallel..

• 3.  RE: Ubuntu EAP-TLS Clearpass Onboarding

Posted Apr 14, 2016 12:50 PM

Clearpas 6.5.2 and Ubuntu 15.10 64 bit

• 4.  RE: Ubuntu EAP-TLS Clearpass Onboarding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2016 01:03 PM

I see similar behavior when testing with 15.10 and opened a TAC case for it; please open a TAC case and send me the case number in a personal message so I can ask to link the cases.

• 5.  RE: Ubuntu EAP-TLS Clearpass Onboarding

Posted Apr 18, 2017 04:28 PM

I'm also seeing many issues with QuickConnect on Ubuntu 16.04. Any updates on this? I called TAC and they didn't have updates. I'll followup with additional information on the failure I'm seeing. 

• 6.  RE: Ubuntu EAP-TLS Clearpass Onboarding

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 18, 2017 04:40 PM
    Automated Onboarding is supported on Ubuntu 14.x and earlier. For later versions of Onboard, you can leverage web enrollment.

• 7.  RE: Ubuntu EAP-TLS Clearpass Onboarding

Posted Apr 18, 2017 04:48 PM
      |   view attached

@cappalli wrote:
    Automated Onboarding is supported on Ubuntu 14.x and earlier. For later versions of Onboard, you can leverage web enrollment.

Is that the official solution for Ubuntu 15.x and later? When using the web-based provisioning, the enrollment fails for wired computers (see attachment). Also, the process is not optimal because you have to allow detection override and select "Other" from the drop-down to get web-based provisioning when Ubuntu was already detected. These inadequacies need to be solved for if there won't be an official app going forward.