Security

Contributor II

Undo patch clearpass

Hi,<br><br>Is there a way to undo a Clearpass patch? I only see an install option.
Guru Elite

Re: Undo patch clearpass

I believe you would have to work with Aruba TAC to remove a patch.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Aruba

You cannot undo a patch. On a version up you can role back to the second partition.

Example: you can revert back from 6.3 to 6.2 if it was upgraded from 6.2, but you will lose any changes made in 6.3.
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Super Contributor II

Can someone from Aruba confirm this as I was told by TAC that a patch could be removed.

Aruba

No you cannot undo a patch only a upgrade, I just confirmed with engineering. 

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Contributor II

Well, not very entreprise alike :mansad:  If the responsables are reading here, please implement this.  And before you ask, i already had an occurence where a patch broke working functionality.

Super Contributor II

I too had a patch break the device which is why I specifically asked the Aruba TAC engineer whether a patch could be removed once installed and was adamant that if something went wrong it could. This was not the first time I had been assured that something could be done which turned out not to be the case. Sometimes I think TAC will tell you what you want to hear.

Guru Elite

What broke?
Did you read the release notes?
Did you report the issue to TAC?

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Guru Elite

pnobels wrote:

Well, not very entreprise alike :mansad:  If the responsables are reading here, please implement this.  And before you ask, i already had an occurence where a patch broke working functionality.

pnobels,

If you have something that is broken, you should open a TAC case so that we can be aware of it.  We cannot fix it otherwise.

The best thing that can be done is a full backup, because that can be installed on a version of the software without the patch and put things back to where they were.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Hi,

i did not note in detail what went wrong at that time.  Yes, we read the release notes.  We opened a ticket with our local support Quantum ICT.  They were able to fix the issue immediately.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: