Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Unrecognized Block Type

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Unrecognized Block Type

MVP
    Posted Jun 29, 2015 09:50 AM

[2015-06-29]-Image-71.png

Not sure what this error is, could someone explain this to me? Also maybe how to stop it?

Thanks.

*Found this while troubleshooting SMS over SMTP issue with AT&T (Only AT&T not receiving texts). Not sure if it's related or not*

• 2.  RE: Unrecognized Block Type
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2015 10:13 AM

Hi Michael, those blocks are indeed not expected.  Can you please unicast the skins team this?  I think skins@arubanetworks.com should reach the right people.  If you want to post the name of your skin there that is your call.  I have looked through them all and have found none using those blocks.

• 3.  RE: Unrecognized Block Type

MVP
    Posted Jun 29, 2015 10:30 AM

Ok, the skin was created for Amigopod, but we migrated it to ClearPass Guest. I guess that could be the issue? As long as it's not causing any problems, I don't see it as a huge issue, but just wanted to make sure it wasn't something impacting service.

• 4.  RE: Unrecognized Block Type

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 29, 2015 10:37 AM

It is going to fill your logs with nonsense.  I would still try and track it down. Follow the page/path to figure out the skin or local customization done to it.

• 5.  RE: Unrecognized Block Type

MVP
    Posted Jun 29, 2015 10:38 AM

Ok thanks for the assistance!

• 6.  RE: Unrecognized Block Type

Posted Jun 29, 2015 05:02 PM

Hey Michael,

I was able to reproduce your error on my ClearPass box. We've updated your skin (it was an old navigation element from the Amigopod days that was rarely used, and not used in ClearPass--hence generating the warning in the app log). We've commented out the offending code.

Please check for plugin updates (should be v0.1.12 of your particular plugin).

Please let me know if you run into any other issues or email the skins team @ dl-amigopod-skins@arubanetworks.com

Thanks!