Security

Occasional Contributor II

Update Path/Procedure - ClearPass / AirWave / AP205

Hello,

we want to update our infrastructure to one of the latest versions, as the installed versions are outdated.

Current Versions:

~12x AP 205 -> Aruba OS Version 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.7
1x ClearPass Policy Manager 6.4.3.69023 on CP-VA-500 platform
1x AirWave/AMP Version 8.0.8.1

I cannot find any recommended upgrade procedure concerning the combination of these products.

We would start with the CP-VA and AMP and update all antennas at the end and use the currently latest stable releases.
Are these steps recommended?

Thanks for your help.

br
patzed

Re: Update Path/Procedure - ClearPass / AirWave / AP205

Sounds good.

Always upgrade Airwave before you upgrade AP's, and please check the latest supported firmware level by Airwave, this is might not be latest release available.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aruba ACCX #748, ACDX #758, ACMP, ACEAP | HPE Master ASE

Re: Update Path/Procedure - ClearPass / AirWave / AP205

Thanks for your reply.

What about ClearPass. Is there any recommended order on AirWave or ClearPass first?

I attached the update options on the ClearPass Web Gui. I guess I can install and update the patches in the offered order?

Current Version: 6.4.3

Update1: ClearPass Cumulative Patch 7 for 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, 6.4.3, 6.4.4, 6.4.5 & 6.4.6

Update2: ClearPass Cluster Upgrade Tool for 6.5.0 Upgrades.+

Update3: ClearPass Upgrade version 6.5.0.71095

Update4: Cluster Upgrade Tool for 6.6.0 Upgrades - Version 2+

Update5: ClearPass Upgrade version 6.6.0.81015

For the VM Disks, as i read a seconds disk has to be added twice the current size. Is it sufficent to add the disc once for all updates listed?

many thanks

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: