07-31-2014 12:26 PM - edited 07-31-2014 02:07 PM
I know many of you have done this, but this is my first major CPPM upgrade, so I am cautious. I’ve read the release note and a few posts, but I still need some verifications:
- My CPPM version 18.104.22.168196, I plan to upgrade to 22.214.171.124239 which already loaded in my Firmware & Patch Updates along with CPPM 126.96.36.199537
- According to release note I can upgrade image directly within CPPM.
- My CPPM is VM (which is not my stuff) with iSCSI 0:0 (That I should never remove), and iSCSI 0:1 with provisioned storage 273 GB.
- I did generate and saved backup.tar.gz. I do not worry about the Insight DB or log DB
- Requirement for CPPM 6.3 is 500 GB disk space, so should my VM guy delete SCSI 0:1, increase the HD size BEFORE my upgrade?
- What is in SCSI 0:1? Do I lose everything and have to restore from my backup after upgrade? Will CPPM still boot if SCSI 0:1 delete?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-01-2014 11:48 AM
Thank you for taking time to answer. OK, I'll ask VM team to create 500GB iSCSI 0:2, and I click Download in CPPM Firware & Patch Updates. Will Upgrades knows to use iSCSI 0:2? or do I or VM team need to do anything to makesure the new CPPM 6.3 will be installed in iSCSI 0:2?
08-21-2014 09:21 AM
The upgrade went well last night. My recommendations: following the tech note, after hit the “upgrade”, take a break for 1.5 hour. At a few times you see an error like “postgress”, “http”, you think the upgrade hang, but it overcame and worked.