Security

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Use Clearpass to find older iOS and categorize them

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Use Clearpass to find older iOS and categorize them

Posted Jul 25, 2018 12:49 PM

Hi everyone!

I've got a request to categorize older iOS devices, using Clearpass and apply a special enforcment profile, just for them :-)

I need to do this without using OnGuard.

Anyone got some suggestions.

b

• 2.  RE: Use Clearpass to find older iOS and categorize them

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 12:58 PM

@bhubert wrote:

I've got a request to categorize older iOS devices, using Clearpass and apply a special enforcment profile, just for them :-)

I need to do this without using OnGuard.

What is the security on the SSID(s) these devices connect to?

• 3.  RE: Use Clearpass to find older iOS and categorize them

Posted Jul 25, 2018 01:15 PM

The requirement is to prevent those older device types from connecting at all, to any SSID.

• 4.  RE: Use Clearpass to find older iOS and categorize them
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 12:59 PM
    Setup IF-MAP between the controller and ClearPass and then use the raw fingerprint data in role mapping.

• 5.  RE: Use Clearpass to find older iOS and categorize them

Posted Jul 25, 2018 01:04 PM
    That's what I was thinking but was hoping to avoid the overhead of using REGEX to parse the data. Setting it up is one thing. Handing it to a helpdesk to maintain is quite another!

Thanks!

b
    This message and attachments may contain confidential or privileged information protected by law from further disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this e-mail and attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please advise the sender immediately and permanently delete this message and attachments.

• 6.  RE: Use Clearpass to find older iOS and categorize them

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 01:15 PM
    You can just use a contains operator in the role map.