Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Using Clearpass with EOL hardware.

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Using Clearpass with EOL hardware.

Posted May 31, 2012 12:58 PM

Hello,

I have a number of AP85's & 65's that are part of networks that we build in Haiti after the earthquake.

Some of that equipment is no longer required in the current location and I am looking at redeployment options.

As I saw a Clearpass presentation at a recent Airheads conference (and was very impressed by it) I am trying to determine if I could use Clearpass for any of the new networks.

It's not clear to me if this is compatible with these EOL AP's as well as the 800 & 2400 controllers that we use.

Has anyone got an informed opinion on this?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Using Clearpass with EOL hardware.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2012 02:41 PM

You certainly can.

• 3.  RE: Using Clearpass with EOL hardware.

Posted Jun 01, 2012 06:05 PM

I agree with Colin.  As long as the controller supports RADIUS enforcement, you can use it with CPPM.

• 4.  RE: Using Clearpass with EOL hardware.

Posted Feb 11, 2015 10:58 AM

Hi, i'm having deployment with old devices also.

is it possible to do CoA with controller running ArubaOS 5?

Ricky.

• 5.  RE: Using Clearpass with EOL hardware.

Posted Feb 15, 2015 08:00 AM

i advise against jumping on threads that are 3 years old with a new question. just start a new thread with a clear description.

when i look at the ArubaOS 5.0 user guide i see the RFC 3576 server being mentioned so i assume it support CoA.

[edit] and some threads later (i always start with the oldest) you did start a new thread and solved your issue.