Security

Occasional Contributor II

Using Clearpass with EOL hardware.

Hello,

I have a number of AP85's & 65's that are part of networks that we build in Haiti after the earthquake.

Some of that equipment is no longer required in the current location and I am looking at redeployment options.

As I saw a Clearpass presentation at a recent Airheads conference (and was very impressed by it) I am trying to determine if I could use Clearpass for any of the new networks.

It's not clear to me if this is compatible with these EOL AP's as well as the 800 & 2400 controllers that we use.

Has anyone got an informed opinion on this?

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: Using Clearpass with EOL hardware.

You certainly can.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

I agree with Colin.  As long as the controller supports RADIUS enforcement, you can use it with CPPM.

Frequent Contributor II

Hi, i'm having deployment with old devices also.

is it possible to do CoA with controller running ArubaOS 5?

Ricky.

Ricky E. Lee
CWNA | ACMP | ACCP
MVP

[ Edited ]

i advise against jumping on threads that are 3 years old with a new question. just start a new thread with a clear description.

when i look at the ArubaOS 5.0 user guide i see the RFC 3576 server being mentioned so i assume it support CoA.

[edit] and some threads later (i always start with the oldest) you did start a new thread and solved your issue.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: