Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Using NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Port in an enforcement policy

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Using NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Port in an enforcement policy

Posted Jan 12, 2018 03:42 PM

Hello,

I'm trying ot figure out if there's something I'm missing in trying to use 

%{Radius:IETF:NAS-IP-Address} and

%{Radius:IETF:NAS-Port}

as criteria for an enforcement policy.

Basically, I've defined two additional attributes for the local user database:

SwitchIP

SwitchPort

This is so that our wired IP phones (which do EAP auth) can have a username and password created in the local user database, and be assigned attributes for the NAS-IP the request is coming from, as well as the NAS-Port.

The basic rationale for this is that if the phone is plugged in where it should be (ie SwitchIP matches %{Radius:IETF:NAS-IP-Address} and SwitchPort matches %{Radius:IETF:NAS-Port}, then the phone is assumed to be in the correct location and is allowed on the network.

The actual condition I have set up currently is:

(Authorization:[Local User Repository]:Role_Name  EQUALS  IPPhone
    AND  (LocalUser:SwitchIP  EQUALS  %{Radius:IETF:NAS-IP-Address})  AND  (LocalUser:SwitchPort  EQUALS  %{Radius:IETF:NAS-Port})

and it seems to be failing consistently, but I can't sort out what it doesn't like about the parameters. 

I've tried defining SwitchIP as an IPv4 address, string, and text, and I've tried defining SwitchPort as an interger, string, and text, none of which seem to be getting a match.

Is there something I'm missing in trying to define these parameters, or am I using the %{Radius:IETF:NAS-IP-Address} and %{Radius:IETF:NAS-Port} incorrectly, or do you know a way that I could test the parameters to see where the evaluation is failing?

I've had a look at the debug log for the authentication, but it's not shedding a whole lot of light.

The enforcement policy works if I don't using the new parameters (ie if I'm just checking against the role, so it's definitely something with the way I'm defining the new conditions.

I appreciate any help or pointers you can provide.

Andrew

• 2.  RE: Using NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Port in an enforcement policy
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2018 03:47 PM

You'd need to do this in role mapping.

Essentially:

LocalUser: SwitchIP    EQUALS   %{Radius:IETF:NAS-IP-Address}

AND

LocalUser:SwitchPort EQUALS %{Radius:IETF:NAS-Port}

Assign TIPS role/tag of something like "USER_NAS-MATCH"

Then use the tag in your enforcement policy.

• 3.  RE: Using NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Port in an enforcement policy

Posted Jan 12, 2018 04:32 PM

Hi cappalli,

Thanks very much for the quick reply!

I've created a role mapping as suggested, and added it to the service:

image.png

And added that role as a condition for 

Capture.PNG

Though the authentication is still failing.

Is there somewhere you can think of that I can see which part of the match is failing, or if the role is even being applied correctly, or have I misunderstood how to apply this?

Thanks very much for your help!

Andrew

• 4.  RE: Using NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Port in an enforcement policy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2018 04:37 PM
    In access tracker, do you see the role being mapped? Can you click “Export” on the access tracker request and post here?

• 5.  RE: Using NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Port in an enforcement policy

Posted Jan 15, 2018 09:27 AM
      |   view attached

Hi cappalli,

It looks like the password for the local user got mixed up when I set the attributes in the local user the most recent time, so that was my first problem!

Now I'm seeing that the role mappings are being applied when I look at the authentication request in access tracker, but for some reason the default vlan is still getting applied. 

Capture1.PNG

Am I referencing the roles correctly with this enforcement policy or do I need to be checking somewhere other than Authorization:[Local User Repository]:Role_Name?

Capture2.PNGI've attached the export of that authentication from Access Tracker if that helps.

Thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Andrew 

Attachment(s)

zip
    DashboardDetails (1).zip   7 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: Using NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Port in an enforcement policy

Posted Jan 15, 2018 03:42 PM

Sorry, figured out that I was trying to reference the roles incorrectly.

I should've been using the condition "TIPS Role EQUALS" instead of "Authorization:[Local User Repository] Role Contains".

Thanks so much for your help, it looks like it's working now!

Andrew