Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Using attribute generated in 1 clearpass filter in another filter

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Using attribute generated in 1 clearpass filter in another filter

Posted Feb 25, 2015 10:50 AM

Is its possible to use an attributte generated in one clearpass filter in another filter? e.g I've got a filter that returns the name of a column in a mysql database table. I then want to extract the contents of that table column using some other selection criteria. Normally I'd use a stored procedure that prepares an sql statement  ( select <column name> ..... ) and then feed it the apropriate parameters to get a result, but can't use stored procedures in clearpass 6.4.4 :-((

Rgds

Alex

• 2.  RE: Using attribute generated in 1 clearpass filter in another filter

Posted Feb 25, 2015 04:44 PM

I have been working on a similar requirement however wasn't able to get this going but i did find a way to achieve the same functionality. 

You can use nested SELECT queries to retrieve the initial attribute and pass it back to the second select query. 

eg

SELECT tag_value as owner FROM tips_endpoints_attr_view
    WHERE tag_name = 'Owner' AND mac_address = (select mac_address from tips_endpoints_attr_view WHERE tag_name = 'UDID' and tag_value = '%{Authentication:Username}')