Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Using the same code signing certificate for both OSX profile signing, and code signing

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Using the same code signing certificate for both OSX profile signing, and code signing

Posted Apr 24, 2015 10:23 AM

I have aquired a certificate for code signing from a trusted 3rd party. uploaded this to the clearpass onboard cert store as code signing certificate, and all was fine.

Then tried to upload same certificate as profile signing certificate, and got rejected since I already had uploaded the certificate for another purpose.

As I understand the cert for both profile signing and signing the windows exe file is required to be a code signing certificate. But we can't use the same cert for both purposes?

Running version ClearPass Onboard 6.4.5.31411

• 2.  RE: Using the same code signing certificate for both OSX profile signing, and code signing
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2015 10:25 AM
    You can do this in 6.5

• 3.  RE: Using the same code signing certificate for both OSX profile signing, and code signing

Posted Apr 24, 2015 10:27 AM

ok, thank you.