Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Valid certificate yet still security warnings?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Valid certificate yet still security warnings?

MVP
    Posted Feb 20, 2013 04:34 AM

Is this to be expected?

I just installed a valid cert (with ca chain) but I still get the 'red warning padlock' something is wrong in chrome and other browsers.

Digging a bit further shwos the sites identity is indeed verified  but other resources are used that are not encrypted.

Why is this? Aren't all the bits and pieces retreived from the server itself? What would the mgmt interface need to pull from elsewhere?

Any way to get a good "green padlock"?

• 2.  RE: Valid certificate yet still security warnings?

• 3.  RE: Valid certificate yet still security warnings?
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Feb 20, 2013 05:09 AM
      |   view attached

EDIT:

ok, lesson learned. Logging out isn't enough. Close and reopen your browser when your testing with ssl certificates. Now it's green padlock across the board without any further warnings.

ORIGINAL:

Thanks for the links. While do do explain the whole certificate shizzle for controllers and captive portals, I'm just trying to get a valid certificate to show the 'green padlock' on the management interface.

The cert is valid and recognized as such, however chrome and other browsers warn about some resources falling outside the encryption. 

So the question realy is, why and what is it pulling resources from elsewhere than my cppm server?

• 4.  RE: Valid certificate yet still security warnings?

Posted Mar 02, 2013 03:07 PM

EDIT ah nevermind, you got it solved right?