Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Via cannot download profiles

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Via cannot download profiles

Posted Apr 24, 2012 03:08 PM

I've got the same issues on both a Windows 7 64-bit and a Windows XP 32-bit machine.  I've tried installing over 2.0.1 and uninstalling 2.0.1 and doing a new installation of 2.1.0.  Once I get it installed, it seems that I can't download profiles over the internet - it just keeps prompting for user name and password.  I can download profiles if I'm on the internal network.  Once the profile is downloaded, VIA detects that it's connected to a trusted network and seems fine.  If I then connect to an external network, VIA attempts to connect and crashes.  I've tried exiting out of VIA completely, connect to the external network and then open VIA and it gives the same result - starts to connect and then crashes.

Edit:  I should mention that 2.0.1 has been working fairly well.  Controller OS is 5.0.3.0.

• 2.  RE: Via cannot download profiles

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2012 05:49 PM

Please open a support. case.

• 3.  RE: Via cannot download profiles

Posted Aug 06, 2012 10:41 AM

Is this an issue others have experienced?  So far I have encountered 2 users with 64 bit Windows machines. Neither can get to the installer on the controller. When I have them https to the controller the response they get back is that their machine has been identified as a windows 32 bit machine and cannot download the proper installer even though I have (3) different installers loaded on the controller (WINDOWS 32 AND 64 BIT AND MAC OS)

• 4.  RE: Via cannot download profiles

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2012 05:20 AM

rich narel,

It is very difficult to detect a 64-bit OS in  32-bit browser.  See if your issue is here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/VIA-and-CSS/repost-of-the-useful-code-snippet-for-client-autodetection/td-p/21544